What information do I need to know when arriving in Delhi?
Before you reach the immigration hall after landing at the airport, please make sure that all of your necessary documents—including your passport, visa, boarding pass, etc.—are ready.
Please follow the signage available near the transfer area. To be noted that Indira Gandhi International Airport has
- 48 Immigration counters and 46 E-Visa/Visa counters at the Arrival section.
- 60 Immigration counters and 4 counters at the Domestic to International Transfer.
Tips to Board Your Flight Successfully
- Arrive at the airport no later than three hours prior to departure to guarantee that you are not running late and that you have brought all you are required to bring; the three-hour interval will allow you to return home if necessary if you happen to have forgotten anything.
- Many flights offer online check-ins on their website, or you can do it in-person at their respective counter at the airport.
- Ensure that you receive your boarding pass after check-ins. If you have luggage, you must check it in during this stage. Make sure the capacity is within the allowed range.
- Find the gate you are supposed to fly from for the issued boarding pass.
- You can pass the time while waiting by reading a book or using your phone to browse the internet.
- When your flight is called, board the aircraft and take your assigned seat.
- Follow the instructions on the plane, one of them by putting your seat belts on and putting your device on air plane mode.
- Enjoy your flights!
- Once landed, pick up your luggage and choose your mode of transportation to get to your destination. You can hail a taxi, use available city bus, or book Uber.